i will talk about a blue hour night photo shoot seance in paris by example.
How i can take a blue hour photography with red light ray of cars ?
This photo shoot isn’t chance although i appreciate walking in street follow my inspiration. Why !!
September and october are a good period in Paris for shooting in blue hour and gold hour.
The color of sky in this season are marvellous and color have rich deep tint.
Church of Saint-Germain-Des-Prés , Paris , France , blue hour landscape photography with red light tray, vertical format
So for obtain a vivid and dynamic night picture with strong color.
I need :
1) Identify good spot.
2) Calculate blue hour for planning your seance. Blue hour and golden hours are very short period in the day and color of sky changing very very fast.
3) Use a tripod. In this exemple i use a gorilla mini tripod, height about 40 centimeters for have a low angle for shooting ray light of car and superpose with building or church in this example.
4) TIPS : for obtain beautiful ray red light car , use timer 2 second by example
5) Looking for Taxi or bus and press button 2 or 3 seconds before they come in plan of your scene.
6) Use long exposure 3 to 5 seconds by example.
7) Shoot many picture (5 to10).
8) Desaturate yellow color with your treatment image software . This will reinforce red color of light but also the blue color of sky.
9) Reinforce contrast with your treatment image software.
10) Reinforce clarity with your treatment image software.
How can I calculate blue hour ?
I can advice two good websites for you can planning your photo seance :
jekophoto blue hour website calculator
Blue Hour Site calculator
A little bit about history of saint germain des prés in Paris :
abbaye of Saint-Germain-des-Prés is a very old place of paris. The fisrt basilica was build in the 6th century.
After 3 centuries, Viking ruins the abbaye in the 9th century after up the river Seine and reach city of paris.
Many rebuild of church happened between 10th century and 19th century.
You may also like my website : Blue hour Paris night landscape – Saint-germain-des-Prés
Histoire de l’abbaye